October 16, 08:00 AM 2018
We are happy to announce our new Alexa feature: Alexa Voice Announcements!
Starting today, anyone with MobiLinc Connect and Alexa can trigger any Alexa enabled device in your home to speak any custom phrase when motion or a sensor change is detected. Supported items in your ISY that classify as sensors are:
- INSTEON Motion sensors.
- INSTEON Door sensors.
- IO Linc Relay/Sensors.
- Programs in a folder called "Sensors".
- Variables with "Sensor" in the name of the variable.
- ELK Zones.
Some examples of what you can do include:
- Announce at home when you leave work (trigger off your MobiLinc geo-fence variable).
- Announce when motion is detected.
- Announce when a door or ELK zone is triggered.
- Announce when the garage door opens or closes (IO Linc sensor as a trigger).
- Turn on lights inside or outside when motion is detected.
- Turn a RemoteLinc or KeypadLinc into a music controller for Alexa.
- Connect ANYTHING in IFTTT to Alexa using the MobiLinc IFTTT Channel.
For more information including setup/configuration see our Alexa page.