Thermostat causes scene confusion

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Thermostat causes scene confusion

Postby andyf0 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Let me try and explain.

I have 3 scenes for the thermostat with different settings. Scenes are named Home, Away & Cleaning.

Home and Cleaning contain different set points and also include my Ceiling Fan. That's all. Away actually ends up used in a program to shutdown the whole house.

The confusion comes because the scene section shows both scenes Home and Cleaning as ON because the Ceiling Fan is on, when they're actually mutually exclusive. This seems to be a side effect of your attempt to calculate the percent of the scene. Since the thermostat doesn't exist outside of the thermostat section (annoying by the way!) the calculation ends up being wrong. When Home is active, theoretically the Home scene should show ON and the Cleaning scene should show 50%.

I really can't think of a way around this since the thermostat is not a simple ON/OFF and therefore would be difficult to include in a calculation. Just an observation.

It would be nice to be able to see the Thermostat nodes under Devices and maybe just the Thermostat node under scene elements.
andyf0

Re: Thermostat causes scene confusion

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks Andy for the write-up.

I'll explore what we can do with adding the thermostat at least into the scene calculation. Maybe there is a way for us to add a row for the thermostat under My Devices and have that pop up under the scene as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Thermostat causes scene confusion

Postby andyf0 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 am

Exactly! Thanks.
andyf0

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments