Different Background Image for Different Profiles?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Different Background Image for Different Profiles?

Postby tandar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Great home page, however.... I've got two controllers in separate locations and I can't differentiate between the two. It looks like only one global background can be set for all profiles. Are you planning a future enhancement that allows for profile specific backgrounds or is there another way to tell which profile is active?

Thanks, Tom
tandar

Re: Different Background Image for Different Profiles?

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Tom,

As you've observed the backgrounds are global. Thanks for the suggestion and we'll add it to our feature request list.

You can tell which profile you are on by looking in the upper right corner of the screen for the profile name. You can change the profile name by going to My Settings->Active Profile and tapping the Blue Chevron button to change the name to whatever makes sense for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tandar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Wes,
I see now that the profile is shown in the upper right corner. I had used an image with a white background in this area and the white text was lost.

A different image solved the problem.

Looking forward to a more elegant enhancement.

Regards,
Tom
tandar

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks Tom. We've got it on our "to-do" feature list.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 am

How about the ability to upload user specific pictures to represent devices instead of a picture of a switching?
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

Hi midrar,

It's possible to implement something like this, but the challenge is to do it in a way that looks right. There is quite a bit of code behind the switch to ramp the image light and change out LEDs on the KPLs that is all very specific to this implementation. Going from this to an uploaded photo I don't think will look very good. It would have to behave like the ApplianceLinc does today where it's just a big button with no animation.

We may offer something like this when we support using the built in MobiLinc icons as an option for the graphic instead of the switches. We'll keep this in mind as the icon changes work up in priority.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:50 pm

You've got some very valid points and I agree. I would like now make 2 more suggestions.

In the upper right corner where the outside temp is displayed for users who purchased the weatherbug module, what if you somehow incorporated the current temperature via the venstar there or by itself.

In the home screen, you would then see the current days temperature, and the following 2 day forcast. It would look lilke a bar graph, with pictures that resemble the forcast in each of the bars.

Currently, when you select on the current weather, you get a ton of info for that specific moment but not the forcast.

What are your thoughts?
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 am

That is an interesting idea. Right now MobiLinc is pulling in the weather bug info from the ISY which does not include any forecast data. Just instant read info. In order to do forecasting we'd need to scrap this implementation and go direct to WeatherBug or another weather provider and potentially pay their license fees to use their data. All possible, but choose to go the easiest route by displaying the weather data already present and free to us from the ISY.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments