Copy Settings Didn't Work

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Copy Settings Didn't Work

Postby BriG » Tue May 07, 2013 10:45 am

I have an iPad and an iPhone that I want to use to control my home with MobiLinc. I did an initial setup of settings, icons, favorites, etc. on my iPad. Then, I tried to do Copy Settings to push all that over to my iPhone. The two would not talk to one another, no matter which way I tried to copy. They were both on WiFi on my home network.

Going forward, I will want a way to maintain things that I can copy back and forth.
BriG

Re: Copy Settings Didn't Work

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 07, 2013 11:36 am

Hi BriG,

This should work. I've only seen issues with copy settings if the iOS devices were on different networks or possibly different access points. MobiLinc is using the Bonjour network protocol, so, watch out for any network filtering at the router level that might be filtering out Bonjour type network requests.

Also, you might want to reboot the Wi-Fi router and confirm that both iOS devices are logging into the same Wi-Fi access point.

Other than those suggestions, Copy settings from one device to another should work for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Reeboks12 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Any way to copy settings from an Android device to another Android device?
Reeboks12

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:56 am

Hi Reeboks12,

We recommend that you use a backup utility like Titanium Backup or similar to backup and copy your apps and settings from Android device to Android device.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments