Backup Mobilinc HD

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Backup Mobilinc HD

Postby bwoodfl » Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi, Is there a way to backup my Mobilinc HD. I get it setup like I want with My Favorites, etc. But when I reboot the IPad or the ISY reboots all of my favorites are gone and I have to add them all again. I don't seem to find anything that permanently saves them or that I can backup and reload if I need to.
bwoodfl

Re: Backup Mobilinc HD

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 am

Hi bwoodfl,

This is very odd. Any change you do (add favorites) get immediately saved to the internal database in MobiLinc. You can absolutely reboot your iPad without losing your favorites. Something else must be happening.

Are you by any chance going to My Settings->Lighting Controller and tapping the Sync button? If you do, please be aware that by choose the Download All option, this WILL delete all custom settings and resync with your ISY by overwriting all data in MobiLinc. Please choose "Update Only" to non-destructively sync with your ISY.

Also, please note that resyncing isn't necessary once you are setup. MobiLinc will non-destructively resync with your ISY in the background each time you launch MobiLinc if you have the Sync options checked under My Settings->Lighting Controller settings.

If this doens't describe what's happening, can you send us a list of steps we can do to reproduce the problem?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bwoodfl » Mon May 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi Wes, Yes, I think that is what is happening. I would make changes on the ISY and they would not show up on the IPad/Mobilinc so I would use the Sync button and choose download. I have the IPad on the wall with a frame and it stays there all the time. So I don't usually close Mobilinc. And usually once or twice a week there will be a pop up that says Mobilinc is not connected to the ISY so I would sync it then.

Thanks, Bill
bwoodfl

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Bill,

Ok, got it. When that happens, you can either:

1. Choose the Try Again option.
2. Close and reopen MobiLinc.
3. Go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync and choose Update Only.
4. Pick any scene and tap the gear. Then do a drag down and release refresh.

Either of those methods will get you reconnected and synced again.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments