Device state issues with ISY994i & MobiLinc HD

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Device state issues with ISY994i & MobiLinc HD

Postby Jruglio » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 am

I have a large Insteon setup in my home (75+ devices) including SwitchLinc, KPL, TriggerLinc, IOLinc, ELK M!Gold.

I programmed a number of devices locally to allow one switch to control another, etc... When I installed the ISY994, I further refined my setup by creating 2 way links between devices (as controllers) to maintain accurate state on each switch.

My issue is that MobiLinc HD does not at all show the correct state for any of my devices. I am running the latest version of everything and did an "Update all" a number of times, reset the PLM, but no luck. I also have a hard wired phase coupler in my breaker panel, so I don't think my issue is with communications?

I did replaced the PLM (not sure if I tried a restore PLM or delete PLM & then ADD PLM). I am using a 2413S PLM.

I want to correct my issues, but would prefer not to walk around to each switch and do a reset.

Is there any way to delete the local programming, but maintain the ISY configuration?
Is there any advantage I have by keeping local links (beyond devices still working if my ISY is offline)?
What procedure should I follow to do this the easiest way?
Not sure what order to do things in and trying at all costs to not have to manually reset every device.

Can the ISY delete local links not done through it's interface?

Any help would be appreciated.
Jruglio

Re: Device state issues with ISY994i & MobiLinc HD

Postby AdminWes » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

Hi Jruglio,

Have you tried contacting the UDI support folks? These kinds of INSTEON specific questions are much better suited for the ISY folks and their support team to dig into INSTEON/ISY related issues.

Based on your description, I'm assuming that the ISY's Admin Console isn't displaying the correct status either, is that a correct assumption? The reason I make that link is because MobiLinc and the ISY's Admin Console get their data from the same source (ISY). If MobiLinc isn't showing the right status, my guess is the Admin Console isn't either. I'd focus on the Admin Console first and make sure it's all working before introducing MobiLinc into the picture.

With all the PLM resets and restores, my guess is that there are some pretty big disconnects between your setup and the ISY resulting in the issues you are seeing. Typically the recommended way to use the ISY in a setup is to allow the ISY to manage all links through scenes. By linking locally, the ISY won't be able to track necessarily why devices are behaving the way they are and can lead to issues down the road.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments