Geofence icon

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Geofence icon

Postby andyf0 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Wes, just checking on something. I've noticed that the location services icon along the top of the iPhone display is now a full icon like when I have maps running rather than the outline I remember seeing before. I have closed all apps except MobiLinc and turned off all background refresh apps except MobiLinc.

Was this changed in IOS 7 or is something wrong? I read that battery usage is higher when the location services are turned on with a full icon vs just an outline.

This is on WiFi at home, haven't checked away from home on LTE.
andyf0

Re: Geofence icon

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Andy,

Good to hear from you again.

There are two scenarios where MobiLinc would have this lit up (not in outline).
1. MobiLinc crossed a bouday and it's attempting to write to the ISY's variable.
2. MobiLinc was unable to update the variable and moved the update to happen when MobiLinc detects "significant movement". This is super insensitive way MobiLinc can ask iOS to monitor for location changes using cell towers for rough location. MobiLinc does this hoping that once you move to a better area it can send the variable update.

I'm guessing it's #2 from above. Try force quitting MobiLinc and relaunch to see if that clears it. I've made several enhancements to geo-fencing as part of the in progress iOS 7 update that addresses some of these issues a little better.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 am

#2 it is. My PLM died and it took 5 days to get a new one. In the mean time I powered down the ISY so I was going in and out of region without MobiLinc being able to contact the ISY.

New PLM is now installed but I haven't left the region yet. Really think that should reset if you close out MobiLinc and re-open it but it doesn't appear to.

Maybe the Sync with ISY, Update Only could sync the variable and clear this behavior.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:24 am

Ah, ok. In that case then the next time MobiLinc crosses a boundary and MobiLinc is able to write the variable, this should clear.

Cases like this are handled much better in our, in progress, iOS 7 update.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments