Sound on cameras

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Sound on cameras

Postby kaphely » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 am

Hi I own two Linksys WVC54GCA IP cams. I can see them alright with mobilinc. I know mobilinc has the ability to get sound from the cameras but it doesn not seem to work. Can I get sound from these cameras? If so what do I need to configure?
Thanks,
Philippe
kaphely

Re: Sound on cameras

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:00 am

Hi Philippe,

MobiLinc can play sound through the RTSP interface of cameras. With your setup, do you have MobiLinc talking to your cameras via RTSP?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kaphely » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes I do, but no sound. When I do the cam setup in mobilinc HD, I need to use profile 1 for RTSP, profile 2 doesn't seem to work. What is the difference between profile 1 and 2? Could it explain why I can't get sound?

Thank you,
kaphely

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:10 am

Hi kaphley,

The different profiles are for different cameras under that manufacturer. If Profile 1 works for you but you aren't hearing sound (do you even see a speaker icon appear on the page?) then the camera isn't sending sound via the RTSP stream.

Sometimes sound is an option you have to turn on in the camera. You could check the camera's settings to see if there's anything there that you can toggle on to enable sound output via RTSP.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments