IP Camera Doesn't Pan & Tilt with Mobilinc HD

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

IP Camera Doesn't Pan & Tilt with Mobilinc HD

Postby Sandslapper » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I have a Smarthome IP Camera 75799 that works fine when controlled by its own IP Camera Tool on my home WIFI network. I purchased the MobiLinc HD mobile phone (iPhone5) app for remote control of the camera.

I have been able to connect to the camera using the MobiLinc HD IP camera setting for 'Camera Type' as 'Foscam or Foscam Variant'. However, I am not able to active the Pan & Tilt functions of the camera. I have also tried using 'Smarthome' for the 'Camera Type' setting and have not been able to connect to the camera at all.

Can anyone tell me why I'm not able to active the Pan & Tilt functions using MobiLinc HD?
Sandslapper

Re: IP Camera Doesn't Pan & Tilt with Mobilinc HD

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi Sandslapper,

Try updating MobiLinc with the latest IP Camera database by going to your camera settings and selecting "Camera Type".

Then, tap the "Refresh" button in the upper right corner to download the latest.

Select FOSCAM from the list (this is important).

Go back and confirm your camera's settings and walk through the camera's setup.

Please make sure that the username you are using is the admin account username (at least to get configured). If you use a "user" account, most camera's disable Pan/Tilt functions on non-admin accounts.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

The 75799 is the one I returned after we tried to get it working right, Wes.
Remember the issue with "bad RTSP" and that Foscam has no firmware updates for it?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2731
TheSidewinder

Postby AdminWes » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:22 am

Ah, that's right, thanks TheSidewinder.

Sandslapper,
I was working with TheSidewinder on this very camera and we came to the conclusion that it's:
A. A FOSCAM Clone.
B. Using an older FOSCAM firmware that has a broken RTSP pipe.
C. Upgrading the firmware isn't obvious or owned by FOSCAM or SmartHome.

Were you able to get the JPEG streaming part to work? It's just Pan/Tilt that doesn't work? If you are ok with just JPEG streaming, then try performing the database upgrade that I mentioned to see if the additional Pan/tilt profiles will cover this camera.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Sandslapper » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:01 pm

AdminWes and TheSidewinder,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Firstly, I was never able to get JPEG or MJPEG streaming to work. I just received the following error message: "Profile Match Not Found".

I was however to get RTSP streaming and a window that asks "Would you like to confirm Pan/Tilt settings" and I selected 'Yes'. It then went into Pan/Tilt Setup and actually displays an image of the area where the camera is currently focused but the Pan/Tilt function still doesn't work.

Wes, I also applied your earliest suggestions re: refreshing the latest database, selecting FOSCAM, etc and to no avail.

Guys, I think I may be beating a dead horse here and just need to return the camera to Smarthome. However, I still want to have an operating camera that can be controlled by the MobiLinc HD app. Can you recommend a reasonably priced Pan/Tilt/Zoom camera that you know works with the MobiLinc HD app? I want to stay with the MobiLinc HD app as I intend to take another run at installing an ISY controller with a PLM and a number of Insteon devices to make-up a home security and automation system.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Sandslapper

Postby AdminWes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:20 am

When you introduce zoom into the mix, price tends to go up over just pan/tilt models. I can't recommend any specific models, but I can say that MobiLinc does work with all known FOSCAM cameras.

If you'd like me to connect to your existing camera and investigate the pan/tilt/zoom controls, I'd be happy to do that. I just need your external ip, port, and a username/password to connect.

If you are looking at another camera, just make sure that it supports RTSP or MJPEG streaming and MobiLinc will either support it out of the box or we can (likely) add support for it.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments