Bad ISY Message ...

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Bad ISY Message ...

Postby andyf0 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Here's an interesting one. I installed a 6 button KeypadLinc and a SwitchLinc, both installed in the kitchen in a 3 way switch substitute.

I have 2 scenes:

"Kitchen Switch - Ctrlr" which contains
1. Kitchen Switchlinc as a Controller
2. KeypadLinc as a responder. This actually turns the lights on.

When I press the SwitchLinc it tells the KeypadLinc to turn on the lights.

I also have another scene "Kitchen Switch - Resp" which contains
1. Kitchen SwitchLinc as a responder
2. KeypadLinc as a controller.

The idea is that the SwitchLinc LED follows the state of the KeypadLinc LED.

On MLHD if I try to turn on "Kitchen Switch - Ctrlr" it gives me an error saying ISY failed to process the request. "Kitchen Switch - Resp" works fine. I think that "Kitchen Switch - Ctrlr" is supposed to be illegal since you're not supposed to be able to propagate controllers.

Funny thing is if I do the same on the ISY both scenes work fine.
andyf0

Re: Bad ISY Message ...

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:23 am

Hi Andy,

Hard to tell exactly why the ISY didn't like the scene command. It's possible that the scene ID in MLHD is out of sync with the actual ISY scene ID...that could happen in a startup window if the scene was modified through the ISY Jaca console and then you started up MLHD and tried to control that scene right away. MLHD in the background syncs with the ISY and updates itself.

One thing you could try is a full "Download All" sync with the ISY to be sure you have the latest configuration from the ISY.

Another thing, I would make only one scene and assign both the SwitchLinc and the KPL as controllers. That way both can control and get status. A controller is by default a responder as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Well that just goes to show how much I have yet to learn. I have always assumed that a single scene could only contain one controller. Your idea of both switches as controllers in a single scene works great and uses one less scene.

Thanks for the tip!
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 pm

No problem Andy, glad to help.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments