What does Hide Text do?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

What does Hide Text do?

Postby andyf0 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Wes,

Title says it all. What does it do and how would I use it.
andyf0

Re: What does Hide Text do?

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Andy,

MobiLinc has the ability to hide devices from the display that you do not want to see. This will prevent the device from showing up when you browse within the My Devices section. To hide a device or an entire directory full of devices simple swipe from left to right over the row containing the device/directory name. You will see a delete box appear on the right side that you can press to hide the device/directory.

This can be useful for hiding devices that you will never want to control from your iOS device so they do not clutter the display. MobiLinc will remember which devices you choose to hide and will continue to hide them until you perform a manual sync and select the "Download All" option.

Hide text is a related feature that also allows for hiding devices. The Hide Text field is configurable to any string. You can use this to auto hide groups of devices downloaded from the ISY that start with that text string. It makes more sense to use this feature in large setups where you have multiple iOS devices connecting to a single ISY. If you had a bunch of devices that weren't being used for anything you could left to right finger swipe to delete each device on each of your iOS devices in your home, OR just set the beginning of the name of the device to {HIDE} or a string of your choice within the ISY console and now every iOS device will just auto hide these unused devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: What does Hide Text do?

Postby andyf0 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 am

Got it! I'll try it out. Thanks.
andyf0

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments