Mobilinc HD status Updates

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Mobilinc HD status Updates

Postby Techmanj12 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm new to Mobolinc and have been playing around with it. I have a smart link controller with 4 dim switches 5 access points around the perimeter, a door lock and I/I linc for the gate
From my knowledge now which is very beginner I'm new to smart home in general.
I would like to know if the status updates on the iPhone Mobolinc app is normal to take around 2 minutes to acquire the status of my lights and door, Or is there anything I can do to decrease the lag or is there something I'm doing wrong? Or something i haven't done? I love the app 10/10 best app I've used this is my one and only concern I want to make the connection stronger to notice it faster

Thank you very much
Keep up the good work
Techmanj12

Re: Mobilinc HD status Updates

Postby AdminWes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 am

Hi there,

2 minutes is typically not normal for just 6 devices when your iPhone is on your local network. When you start MobiLinc go to My Devices and watch as MobiLinc pulls in status. On what device does it appear to hang up working to gather status? That's your first clue as to where the issue might be.

Usually with delayed status it's a quality of communication issue. Where's your SmartLinc located? Is it in a room with computer(s)? If so are these computers filtered with a FilterLinc? If not, I would STRONGLY recommend filtering all your computer equipment to keep their noise off your power lines.
http://mobilincstore.com/system/filterlinc.html

If you find that one or two devices are really lagging in status, try moving these devices to another outlet closer to your SmartLinc to see if it's a location issue or noise issue.

Other common noise generators that can affect quality are refrigerators, washers, projector TVs, computers, battery backup power supplies, anything with a spinning motor.

Also, please verify that your SmartLinc is plugged directly into the wall and NOT plugged into a power strip.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby pschwartz57 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Is there a way to stop MobiLinc Pro from requesting status updates? I just bought it and it's unusable for me as is...10+ second delay after most actions. If no way to stop status update requests, can you add this feature please?
pschwartz57

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 am

Hi pschwartz57,

It is possible to add this feature, however, 10+ seconds usually indicates that there's something wrong in the INSTEON setup.

Two recommendations:
1st:
- Start MobiLinc and go to My Devices.
- Let MobiLinc gather status on your devices.
- Any device that MobiLinc can't gather status on should be removed by tapping the Gear icon and then tapping the trash icon.

2nd:
MobiLinc will pull down all link records from the SmartLinc. Often these are more devices than you want access to control from a mobile device. Remove the devices that you do not want to see or control by MobiLinc.

Let me know how the response delay changes after performing the first recommendation from above.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments