Issues I am having with Mobilinc HD

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Issues I am having with Mobilinc HD

Postby Rad » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm

I am rather frustrated with this app now. This is what I am experiencing, I hope someone can help:
1. Where is the manual for mobilinc HD?
2. I added a dimmer device (switchlinc dimmer). I can switch it on and off but when I press to hold to dimm, it doesnt. When I press and hold, it either switches on or off. The only way I can figure out to dim is to click on the gears on the top left corner of the device. This is not the way I read it to work.
3. I added Keypad linc dimmer device. The device that gets installed (and the picture on my screen) is however a regular on/off dimmer. If I go into the configuration, it is definatly set as a KeypadLinc Dimmer. How do I get it to show a picture of my keypad with 6 buttons?

I've spend countless hours looking for more in depth respurce info and tryin gto figure this out.

Can someone please help.
Rad

Re: Issues I am having with Mobilinc HD

Postby Rad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 pm

I was playing with the app a bit more last night. Some more questions / issues have come to light in addition to those above:

4. How do I get folders to show?
5. When I manually turn on a light, how do I get to see that on the device within Mobilinc HD? Mobilinc still shows the device as off.

Can someone from Mobile Integrated Solutions please respond here.
Rad

Postby Rad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

7. Scenes are extremely cumbersome to use. They hardly ever work. Extremely slow, mostly keeps clocking. App freezes most of the time when working with scenes. I've lost count of how many times I had to restart this app.

This ver 1. Is extremely buggy and problematic, definatly not worth the high $50 price asked for the app and no support whatsoever.

Does anyone from mobile integrated solutions even monitor this BB? Why no responses here?
Rad

Postby AdminWes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 am

Hi Rad,

I apologize for the delayed response. Let me attempt to address your issues here:

1. A seperate manual has not been created yet. There are detailed guides on the forum and the website for getting started.
2. This is a limitation of the PowerLinc device and the SDM software interface. Advanced controls such as Keypad Linc controls and press-and-hold to fade the virtaul switch are not supported by the PowerLinc. SmartLinc and the ISY support these features.
3. Same reason as number 2.
4. Folders are not a native concept to the PowerLinc. The SmartLinc and ISY support folder layouts. Folder support could be added to the PowerLinc in a software only solution, but has not made it yet into the released version of MobiLinc.
5. The PowerLinc device is very limited. It does not understand when a light is on or off automaticially. As a workaround to this, MobiLinc polls for status through the SDM software to the PowerLinc on a 120 second loop. Every 2 minutes, MobiLinc will poll for every device status and update accordingly. The ISY is the only real-time status controller device available.
7. Scenes are a little awkward with the PowerLinc. The PowerLinc doesn't control scenes like the SmartLinc or ISY does. Instead it is up to the controlling software to group devices into scenes and activate each device in that scene one at a time. There is a forced 2 second delay between each device command to allow the PowerLinc to propogate the command to the INSTEON network. Again, the SmartLinc or ISY are much better suited for scene control where you get the instant ON/OFF of all devices in a scene. Can you give me a scenario with the number and types of devices in a scene that is causing the app to freeze? I'd like to reproduce it here to fix any issues that may be occuring.

If you are unhappy with the PowerLinc performance, my 1st recommendation is to go to the ISY controller. This is by far the best controller on the market and will give you the instant real-time feedback, scene control, and program control you want out of your INSTEON setup.

I do apologize for the issues you are having. Please let me know if I can help answer any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Wes.

It would have been helpfull if all the limitations were documented re this app if one is using the 2414U.
You have this great U-tube ad for this product and without documentation documenting what features are available for the various controllers, made this product very enticing.

I dont have the money to spend on the Smartlinc or the ISY. I already had the Powerlinc and read that this app would work so I spent the $50 thinking that's all I would need, hassle free but only to now find out all these limitations. If I had known, I would have just bought the regular mobilinc pro for $20.

The scenes issue I am having is with 4 devices only (3 x switchlinc dimmers and 1 x switchlinc relay). Its a hit / miss using this scence. Sometimes it works but take quite some time, somethimes it just clocks, sometimes it just switches one of the devices and sometime the app freezes and have to kill and restart.

Thanks.
Rad

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Rad,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the different device limitations. I'll add something on the forum and the YouTube page to talk about the different devices and their limitations.

As for the scenes, it sounds like a communication problem between the SDM/PowerLinc and the Insteon devices. In my testing here I use scenes much larger than 4 devices. If you would, can you email me or post here your SDM log of just the messages the appear when you attempt to control a scene? Perhaps the answer is buried in the message traffic.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 am

I gather you want the log in the SMD when the scene fails, correct? I will send you an email with it.
Rad

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Rad,

Yes, if you would send me the log window contents of SDM when the Scene fails, that would be perfect. Please send it to: wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments