Anyone with an active MobiLinc X or MobiLinc Connect account, Google Home or a device with the Google Assistant like the Pixel phone, and an ISY-994x controller.
The following is needed:
1. MobiLinc X, MobiLinc HD, MobiLinc Pro, or Orchestrated MobiLinc for iOS or Android.
2. Active MobiLinc Connect account and an ISY series controller running firmware 4.6.2 or later with the MobiLinc Connect portal installed and connected to your MobiLinc Connect account via the MobiLinc app.
3. Google Home or a device with the Google Assistant like the Pixel phone or an Android phone with Android 6.0+.
Please follow these steps to connect your ISY to the Google Assistant through MobiLinc Connect:
Install MobiLinc Connect:
1. Install the MobiLinc Connect portal in your ISY-994x by opening the Admin Console from a PC/MAC and going to Help->Purchase Modules.
2. Once installed and the ISY reboots, open MobiLinc X, subscribe and log into your MboiLinc Connect account. For MobiLinc Pro, HD, or Orchestrated MobiLinc go to Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type and select "MobiLinc Connect".
3. Select "Create a New Account" and follow the directions.
Prepare your vocal names of your devices, scenes, and programs:
Many device and scene names aren't written in a way that's easily spoken or written as simple English text. For example, a device may be named "office.1.upstairs". This name will not work with voice recognition. To get around this please follow these steps:
1. Use the ISY's Admin Console and right-click on your device or scene and select "Notes".
2. Under the "Spoken" field enter in simple English to describe your device/scene. For example: "Upstairs Office".
3. Programs: Programs saved in a folder named "Voice" will be pulled into Google Assistant. Make sure the name of the program is written in plain speakable English.
4. After making any changes to the Spoken Notes field or changing the name of your voice programs, click the "Save" button on the Programs tab. This applies even if you ONLY change the spoken names of a device or scene.
5. Wait at least 5 minutes after clicking "Save". During this time MobiLinc Connect is syncing the changes back to our servers. You can watch the front of the ISY for when the activity lights stop blinking.
6. After 5 minutes, changes are automatically synced back to Google Assistant. You can also say "Ok Google, sync my devices" to have Google Assistant to pull in the changes manually.
Enable MobiLinc Home Control for the Google Assistant:
1. Open the Google Home app on your iOS/Android device and select "Home control" from the side menu.
2. Tap the "+" button in the lower right corner.
3. Search for MobiLinc Connect.
4. The Google Home app will prompt for your MobiLinc Connect email address and your MobiLinc Connect password.
5. Once verified, select which ISY on your MobiLinc Connect account you would like to connect to the Google Assistant.
6. Once linked, MobiLinc will send your vocal device list to the Google Assistant.
Voice Command Guide for MobiLinc:
Once MobiLinc Connect is connected and synced with the Google Assistant, you can issue the following voice commands:
Devices: Example "Kitchen"
"Ok Google, turn kitchen off."
"Ok Google, turn kitchen on."
"Ok Google, set kitchen to 50 percent."
"Ok Google, dim the kitchen."
"Ok Google, brighten the kitchen."
"Ok Google, is my kitchen lights on?"
Rooms: Example "Bedroom"
"Ok Google, turn all the Bedroom lights off."
"Ok Google, turn all the Bedroom lights on."
Scenes: Example "Dining Room"
"Ok Google, turn dining room on."
"Ok Google, turn dining room off."
Programs: Example "Irrigation"
"Ok Google, turn irrigation on." (Runs the Then path)
"Ok Google, turn irrigation off." (Runs the Else path)
Fans: Example "Living Room" FanLinc
"Ok Google, turn the living room fan to off."
"Ok Google, turn the living room fan to low."
"Ok Google, turn the living room fan to medium."
"Ok Google, turn the living room fan to high."
"Ok Google, what's the living room fan speed?"
"Ok Google, what's the fan speed?"
Thermostats: Example "Upstairs"
"Ok Google, set upstairs to mode (off | heat | cool | heat-cool)."
"Ok Google, set upstairs to 72 degrees."
"Ok Google, set heating to 68 degrees."
"Ok Google, set cooling to 74 degrees."
"Ok Google, increase the upstairs temperature by 2 degrees."
"Ok Google, decrease the upstairs temperature by 5 degrees."
"Ok Google, what is the temperature upstairs?"
"Ok Google, turn everything off."
"Ok Google, turn everything on."
"Ok Google, turn on all the lights."